Thickness of ply: 6.9 mm
Weight: 85 g
Ply: 7 ply (5 Wood + 2 Zylon Carbon):
3.0 mm Kiri
0.8 mm Spruce
1.0 mm Spruce
- DONIC Waldner OFF World Champion 89 Table Tennis Blade
- Spruce Pressing Technology (SPT) "Made in Germany". Our finest quality, produced by top craftsman in honour of the Swedish legends.
- The new World Champion 89 blade series is exceptional. It celebrates the 25th anniversary of Sweden winning the World Championships Team title in Dortmund in 1989 (in a historic 5-0 final win against China).
- DONIC is exclusively producing three new blades in Germany, in honour of the legends Jan-Ove Waldner, Jörgen Persson and Mikael Appelgren. Hand crafted and employing the most modern precision and technical know-how, in acknowledgement of the supreme mastery with which the Swedish Superstars played.
- All three models have incorporated an Italian Spruce ply which is over 200 years old. This is combined with a 3mm strong centre veneer of Kiri and for the Appelgren All+ model, Ayous combined with a new Carbonfleece Zylong webbing (CF2), exclusive for DONIC.
- Only the finest saw plies of our own production are being used. These are more stable than the usual knife plies and are a guarantee that the blade retains its playing characteristics without the normal deterioration.
- A specially developed drying procedure reduces the moisture content of all three types of blade from 12 to 16% to only 4%, resulting in a stable and light blade (Waldner and Persson blades weighing approx. 85g and the Appelgren All+ blade only 80g approx.) Each individual blade is subjected to a special cold press for 24 hours.
- The employment of our unique 3D-technology and the most recent bio technology ensures that the handle is in perfect shape.
- This is a fast blade but with great feel and ease of control. Designed for players who require a balance between speed and control.
- Top workmanship, made in Germany.